Valentine’s Day is around the corner so why not make a plan to share time with someone special? The Northern Beaches are packed with amazing opportunities for romantic or fun outings that you can enjoy on Feb 14 – or any time of year.
Whether you’re in Narrabeen, North Narrabeen, Elanora Heights, Ingleside, Warriewood or Mona Vale, there will be something to do with a loved one or friend.
Valentine’s Day ideas on the Northern Beaches
Picnics and out and about
Here are some amazing picnic spots and walks you can enjoy as a couple this Valentine’s Day.
- Go for a romantic walk: If you and your partner love to get out and walk, the Northern Beaches are the perfect place for your Valentine’s Day date. Whether you head to Ku-Ring-Gai Chase National Park for one of its many walks, walk Narrabeen Lagoon, head from Manly to the Spit, or hike up to Barrenjoey Lighthouse to enjoy the views, there is a walk to suit you and your date.
- Picnic: The Northern Beaches are as full of amazing picnic spots as stunning walks. Pack a lunch and enjoy the grass and water at Winnererremy Bay Foreshore Reserve aka, the Flying Fox Park, head to McCarrs Creek Reserve at Church Point for a secluded and quiet picnic, or enjoy the spacious grass by the water at Bilarong Reserve in North Narrabeen. Of course, any spot overlooking the ocean feels special as well. You can order some fish and chips from Oceans at Narrabeen and find a spot on the grass or sand.
- Cycle: The Northern Beaches are also an excellent place for cycling. A ride of 8.6 km around the Narrabeen Lagoon will get you and your partner out in nature with gorgeous scenery and historic sites. Otherwise, you can head to Manly, where you can hire bikes, including eBikes, for a ride along the shore or up to check out the sweeping harbour views from North Head. Pop some cheese and biscuits in your backpack and you’ll have a romantic date.
- Movie: A movie for Valentine’s Day is a classic. The United Cinema Warriewood is always showing the latest films. Check out the photos of celebrities who have visited and enjoy the unique experience of listening to recordings of the owner himself singing his favourite classics while you wait for the film to start.
Valentine’s Day has traditionally been about sharing a romantic meal. Whether you go out for the typical evening meal or break the mould and have breakfast or lunch instead, you don’t really have to leave your home turf.
- Dinner: While abundant options exist for a Valentine’s Day date, a romantic dinner is sometimes best. The Northern Beaches have no shortage of places to dine out. Some include Bistro Boulevard in Avalon, where you can enjoy fine French and European dining, Afous down in Mosman for a mix of Moroccan, Mediterranean and Middle Eastern delicacies and Jonah’s Whale Beach for some exemplary seafood.
- Cafes: The Northern Beaches are full of cafes. Why not make a day of it and do a mini coffee tour? You could start at a beachside cafe for breakfast and morning coffee and make your way around the Beaches to try a coffee at as many cafes as you can handle. You could start with breakfast at a waterside cafe like Armchair Collective in Mona Vale and work your way inland to Sandstone Cafe in Terry Hills or travel down the coast from the Marina Cafe at Church Point down to Fika Swedish Kitchen in Manly.
Why not put a twist on this year’s Valentine’s Day with something a bit more out of the ordinary?
- Q Station: Get spooky this Valentine’s Day at Q Station. The former quarantine station in Manly is said to be one of the most haunted spots in the country, and now you can stay the night since it has been converted into an 84-room hotel. Can you and your partner brave an overnight stay?
- Kayak the lagoon: What could be more romantic than getting out on the calm, blue waters of Narrabeen Lagoon together? Hire two singles or one double kayak for a romantic paddle around the lagoon. At Prokayaks, you can choose from one, two, three hours or a full day and enjoy a self-guided tour.
Remember, February can still be hot in Sydney, so don’t forget to be sun smart if you choose an outdoor Valentine’s Day date.
And we love love in all its forms… if you’re single, reach out to a friend or family member and celebrate your relationship.
Need help getting your home ready for the market in postcode 2101 and surrounding areas? Reach out to Hunter Estate Agents today.