If you live in North Narrabeen, Narrabeen, Elanora Heights, Ingleside or Warriewood and are hoping to sell your property next year, it’s never too early to get started.
Take a look at some tips for selling your Northern Beaches property in 2023.
Selling your Northern Beaches property in 2023
One way to begin your preparations for sale is to check out the current market.
While prices have dropped slightly in the past year and look set to settle further in 2023, this is not as bad as it might seem.
All it means is that prices aren’t quite at the astronomical peak they hit during the height of the pandemic. Home values are still strong compared to the years before the pandemic, and quality, well-presented properties are still sought after and snapped up quickly on the Northern Beaches.
Preparing your home
If you follow a few steps early in the process, when the time comes to sell, you’ll find things run more smoothly and you experience less stress due to last-minute requirements:
– Declutter: Potential buyers need to be able to lay their personality over your property when they come to a home open. It is very hard for them to do this if the property still maintains too much of your personality and that of your family. This is why one of the top priorities in preparing a home for sale is always to declutter.
Precious things that can’t be parted with can go into storage. Store them in the shed or hire a storage facility for the interim — whatever you can do to keep clutter out of sight.
– A coat of paint: Nothing freshens up a room like a coat of paint. Whether you do it yourself or hire a professional, repainting your property in neutral colours is a way to help prospective buyers to envision themselves in your home.
– Repairs: The sooner you can spot and deal with minor issues of maintenance and repair, the better.
In the current market, buyers are looking for properties they can move right into, and there is a good chance they will try to knock the price down if they think your home needs work done.
– The garden: Your garden, and especially the front yard, needs attention before you are ready for sale. Make sure your garden is neat and tidy and that there is a clear path from your front gate or entrance to the main entrance of the property.
It may also help to think about what plants to have in your yard for when you sell. Consider what will be flowering at the time you plan to put your home on the market, and you can easily beautify your home for when buyers arrive.
You might even consider adding some lighting to your garden. Potential buyers sometimes do a nighttime drive past a home they are seriously considering in order to get an idea of what the street is like after dark.
– The exterior of your home: If repainting the exterior of your home is not an option, a thorough clean can make a significant difference and spruce up your home at a relatively low expense.
It is also always wise to have clear, and easy-to-identify house numbers for your place so that potential buyers aren’t driving up and down the street trying to figure out which is the right property.
– Talk to us! It is never too soon to have a chat with a real estate agent about the sale of your home and the state of the property market.
As a locally based real estate agency, we are happy to answer all your questions about recent sales, potential buyers, and the best way to present and market your unique property. We also have multiple contacts to help with maintenance and repairs so you can showcase everything at its best.